Jim is a leading corporate communications and PR counselor with more than 30 years’ experience designing and implementing award-winning strategies for global corporations. He led the PR function in building both the Duracell battery brand while the company was owned by Kohlberg Kravis & Roberts and the AutoNation retail brand while the company was led by Huizenga Holdings. He also led global communications at MBNA Bank, at the time the world’s largest credit card bank, prior to and during its merger with Bank of America. Jim has designed communications strategies for corporate mergers & acquisitions, leveraged buyouts, initial public offerings, crisis situations, product launches, international expansion projects, brand-building initiatives, media engagement, executive presentations, shareholder communications, investor conferences, Congressional testimony, corporate culture initiatives, internal communication programs, consumer advertising and more.
- Committee delegate of Public Relations Seminar, The Wisemen,
- The International Association of Business Communicators,
- The National Investor Relations Institute,
- Chair of the Public Information Working Group of the Credit Card Council (2005)
- The Conference Board Council of Corporate Communications Executives
- The Card Policy Council of The American Bankers Association (2004-2006)
- Director of United Way of Delaware (2005-2006)
Jim holds a communications degree from The American University in Washington, D.C.
Jim may know more about 20th Century American Abstract art than anybody you know. And he owns more than 200+ books and monographs about Picasso.
- 1999 Bronze Flame Award
- 1999 Clarion Awards
- 1994 CIPRA
- 1994 PRSA Silver Quill
- 1993 (2) 2000 (1) ACE Award
- 1990 & 2000 Big Apple Award