Jim has been developing marketing solutions for companies and clients for more than 40 years. Most recently Jim was the vice president of audience development for the Arizona Daily Star. He has held numerous executive sales and marketing positions in the newspaper industry and has been a key adviser to Strongpoint Marketing since its inception. He has managed research, advertising sales, distribution logistics, major public events, customer service, and web site operations at the executive level. He has been involved in several publishing start-ups including USA Today. He has also worked closely with news departments throughout his career and has a deep understanding of their motivations and operations. He has worked in six major metropolitan markets, and has lived and traveled extensively throughout the world.
- Newspaper Association of America Marketing Federation past president
- International Newspaper Marketing Association member board of directors and past regional president Community Activities.
- Board of Trustees Community Foundation of Southern Arizona
- Treasurer of Tucson Advertising Federation Educational Foundation
- Past president of Tucson Pima Arts Council
- Past president American Advertising Federation—Tucson
- Board member of the Tucson Museum of Art
Jim attained a business degree from Napa College with additional studies in marketing and economics at Golden Gate University, San Francisco, CA and printing technology at California Polytechnic University, San Luis Obispo, CA.
Jim’s favorite vacation spots are the wilds of Botswana and South Africa
- Lifetime Achievement Award from Marketing Newspaper Association of America
- Silver Medal for Community Service from the American Advertising Federation
- Tucson Four-time winner of Gannett’s President’s Ring for Marketing Excellence